AnsweredAssumed Answered

Will applications built on ArcGIS 10.2.1 be supported on ArcGIS Pro?

Question asked by GAUGR_dongenergy on Mar 30, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2018 by abhijeet

As an organization we are planning to move from old ArcGIS 10.2.1 & ArcFM based solutions to ArcGIS Pro based Utility Network. Since the whole platform would be changed going forward, therefore, I think we will not require to have all those hundreds of customized tools but may be newer ones to be built using UN platform. (depending upon which functionalities are covered by COTS product)

However, we would still need to support some of our integration & data migration applications ready on ArcGIS Pro together with UN. So, can someone please explain going forward if we have to upgrade / convert whole ArcObject based code or re-write to bring such applications to ArcGIS pro platform?

I tried going through the below given link but still didn't get a clear answer if just the rebuilding of code using .NET lib would be enough (which I don't think so)?

Quoting from this page: "If your ArcMap customization was built with ArcObjects AND the scenarios above don’t match your needs, then you will have to rebuild your solution using the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET so you can use it with ArcGIS Pro"

When Should You Use the ArcGIS Pro SDK? | ArcGIS Blog 

A quick response or existing link would be appreciated. ;-)

Thanks,

Outcomes