I am currently developing an android application for which I am using ArcMap Desktop and ArcGis Android SDK 10.9 version. My main objective is to add point, polygon, multiline features at wish. Currently this is how I am doing it.
- In ArcMap Desktop, I have created the needed feature classes with their necessary attributes.
- Published into ArcGis Server
- Developed an android application. Used one of the ArcGis toplogy server URL as my base map.
- Adding/deleting/updating features and using the Sync module in the ArcGis Android SDK to sync my offline updates to the server
My question is,
- Is this a proper way to go about?
- Is it future proof? I mean in the latest ArgMap pro desktop application, I did not even see an option to publish to server option. Are they removing the feature in the coming versions?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.