Time Series in Operations Dashboard

03-28-2018 12:08 PM
MikeCooperstein
New Contributor II

I'm collecting snow and snow water equivalent via Survey123 in the field and have it in a feature layer. I'm trying to show this information on a bar graph. Since this data only has one collection date/time I'm running into trouble with the display.  If I set the Category Field to the {observation date/time} and the Minimum Period to Day I get a graph that looks the way I want with the snow as one bar and the water as another (see attachment). The problem is if I mouse over the graph I get the date and the time as (3/28/18, 12:00 AM), so I can't see the exact collection time. If I set the Minimum Period to Minutes the bars overlap and it doesn't look very good. I've messed with the Line Thickness and Opacity and still can't style it very well. 

My questions are:

1) Is there an easy way to deal with this in the settings in the dasdboard?

2) Is there a way to make a graph with 2 different time categories (ie: If I just write a formula to add a minute onto the water collection in Survey123, which is pretty easy to do, can i then graph both the snow and the water on the same graph? I have tried everything and can't find a way to get two different time/dates on one graph?

3) Has anyone tried to make time series graphs in Operations dashboard by stacking graphs?

4) Anyone have a better idea?

I'd rather not use javascript, but it may be the only option for stuff like this.

Coop

0 Replies