Basics of map projections for Arcgis Pro

Jump to solution
03-28-2018 01:51 AM
ChristianNeuwirth
New Contributor

The free ESRI Course Basics of Map projections is provided for ArcGIS Desktop only. Does anyone know a course with similar content for ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks!

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian, we'll be updating the Basics of Map Projections and the Working with Coordinate Systems in ArcGIS web courses to support ArcGIS Pro. I don't have a target release date for those though. The current course concepts are software-agnostic and apply to ArcGIS Pro, but the exercises are for ArcMap users. I'll post in this community when the ArcGIS Pro versions are available.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

MKennedy-esristaff‌ do you have anyone in the know in this regard?

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't think there is anything. The Lining Up Data in ArcGIS book by Margaret Maher is getting a refresher this year but still has only very basic ArcGIS Pro information. 

There's been some talk in-house of doing something. Part of the problem is finding someone who has the time and expertise. 

Melita

ChristianNeuwirth
New Contributor

Good to know. Thanks!

Christian

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian, we'll be updating the Basics of Map Projections and the Working with Coordinate Systems in ArcGIS web courses to support ArcGIS Pro. I don't have a target release date for those though. The current course concepts are software-agnostic and apply to ArcGIS Pro, but the exercises are for ArcMap users. I'll post in this community when the ArcGIS Pro versions are available.