Can I create a story map for a client to host on their WEB site?

Jump to solution
03-27-2018 02:15 PM
EtoileJensen
New Contributor

Can I create a story map, using our Arc Online account (we are a private consultant) and then transfer it to our client (who is a public agency) so that they can embed it into their WEB site?  It doesn't seem correct that if/when we are no longer their chosen provider that the next consultant would have to start all over with a new Story Map?  What am I missing here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Etolie,

It is possible to copy a story and all its content across organizations; however it can be time consuming if the story has many feature services that need to be republished in a different organization. Also, any images you upload into the story are not copied over and would have to be re-added to the story. You can read about the process in this article.

What I'd recommend is that you simply obtain an account in your client's organization and build the story there. Once the story is completed, the story map as well as any maps, scenes, layers, etc. used in the story can be transferred from your member account to one of the customer's member accounts so they can manage those items.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Etolie,

It is possible to copy a story and all its content across organizations; however it can be time consuming if the story has many feature services that need to be republished in a different organization. Also, any images you upload into the story are not copied over and would have to be re-added to the story. You can read about the process in this article.

What I'd recommend is that you simply obtain an account in your client's organization and build the story there. Once the story is completed, the story map as well as any maps, scenes, layers, etc. used in the story can be transferred from your member account to one of the customer's member accounts so they can manage those items.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
EtoileJensen
New Contributor

Thanks Owen exactly what I was looking for…..a straight, complete, thorough answer. Thank You

Etoile Jensen, GISP

EOR: water | ecology | community

d: 651.203.6030 o: 651.770.8448

0 Kudos
CourtenayCrichton-Turley
New Contributor

Hi,

I had this same question and this is a great answer, however I am just wondering how much this would cost a client and would they also be able to access Survey 123?

Thanks

Courtenay 

0 Kudos