Hotel Reservations

03-27-2018 07:03 AM
VinceSmith
New Contributor II

Does anyone else registered to go to the conference have a problem with their hotel reservation. Someone at ESRI in their consumate wisdom made the decision not to reserve the block of rooms at the hotels for the entire conference. I was told "not everyone stays thru Friday". Has any one else come across this issue? What about those of us who do stay for Friday? I'm on the waiting list but nothing is guaranteed. If something doesn't shake loose soon I will be cancelling my reservation and will not be attending the 2018 UC. How sad and unprofessional, I expect better from ESRI.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KCShearer
Esri Contributor

Hi Vince.  I've forwarded your comment to the Housing Management team.  Someone will look into this and reach out to you directly.

KC

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I've had this issue in the past and had to book 2 hotels to get the full week (and I agree, many do stay thru Friday).  But most years, the waiting list did open up a slot, but not always at the cheaper rate.  Many people bail just before the hotel drop date, so watch the cutoff date and keep your eyes open.  (I'm not going this year, so haven't paid attention to the cutoff date).

0 Kudos