Directions Widget keeps loading

Jump to solution
03-27-2018 02:38 PM
CadAssistant_3
New Contributor II

I have a network dataset that I published so I can use the routing feature for a routing application. The directions widget was running fine but suddenly now it just stays loading after I input the destinations to route. Here is a screenshot of what I mean by 'loading'. Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sending the URL of your route service. The issue with the Directions widget is a known bug and it will be fixed in the April 2018 update of ArcGIS Online (which is scheduled to go live around second week of April 2018)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor

@ Cad Assistant 3

This seems like a bug in the directions widget which is caused when it is used with your routing service. In which app are you using the directions widget?

• Map Viewer available with ArcGIS.com
  • Map Viewer in your own enterprise portal (and which version of portal)
  • In your app created using Web AppBuilder
  • In your app created using ArcGIS API for JavaScript?

To further troubleshoot, we would need access to the routing service you are using. Is your routing service accessible from the internet? If yes, can you share the URL? 

If the service is not available on the internet, can you attach the network dataset (if it s not large). In case, the network dataset is large, send me an email at dmandloi@esri.com and I can provide you with a site where you can safely upload the data.

Thanks

Deelesh  

0 Kudos
CadAssistant_3
New Contributor II

On the Web AppBuilder.

Here is the URL:

Route (NAServer) 

0 Kudos
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sending the URL of your route service. The issue with the Directions widget is a known bug and it will be fixed in the April 2018 update of ArcGIS Online (which is scheduled to go live around second week of April 2018)

CadAssistant_3
New Contributor II

Thank you, is there any way you could let me know when it gets fixed so I can test it out and see if it works.

0 Kudos
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor

This should be available on arcgis.com on April 12th

0 Kudos
CadAssistant_3
New Contributor II

Hello Deleesh, I have been away from this project for over a year now but it has resurfaced. I am still having that same issue as before. Do you have any idea what it may be? Thank you.

0 Kudos
DeeleshMandloi
Esri Contributor

I checked the current behavior when directions widget is configured using your routing service (https://afgisweb.fullerton.edu/facilitiesgis/rest/services/ROUTING/Pathways/NAServer/Route). I can no longer reproduce the issue. I am able to successfully find a route. See the following image.Successful route created using directions widget

I did notice another issue that happens when you try to save the route as a route layer using the save button.

This error is a known limitation because the network dataset used by your routing service only defines a distance-based cost attribute. In order to save a route layer from the directions widget, you need to also define a time-based cost attribute on your network dataset and republish the service.

Hope this helps