How to protect offline data with Collector?

03-27-2018 12:16 AM
NguyenBang
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a question (I saw many people ask same problem but still don't have clear answer for that). I have a military customer, they want to use: ArcGIS Enterprise and only use offline mode in Collector for information capturing because data is very sensitive. We have document: ArcGIS secure mobile implementation patterns but I think it still not clear, it mention about security on Portal, Web Adaptor, ArcGIS server and using MDM (mobile device management) vendor.

My customer want to know how they can protect offline data stored on device: Android and IOS. I try to set encrypt all data on Android (Samsung S6, A5) but it not working. 

Would you have any advice? Any information will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

As far as I understand you will need MDM software to protect the data on the mobile device. There is an article here that compares different possibilities: The Best Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solutions of 2018 | PCMag.com . 

ApatorRector
New Contributor II

Hi, the question was "how they can protect offline data stored on device". MDM don't resolve this problem.

0 Kudos
BradleyAndrick3
New Contributor III

Also looking for an Encryption solution to this, not MDM (which as pointed out above, does not help here).  

0 Kudos