Create Autonumbering

Jump to solution
03-26-2018 06:17 AM
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

I have a survey where you make a selection from an 'Area' drop down list. The 'Area' drop-down list contains 4 choices and you select one choice either A, B, C, or D.

I want to increment the numbering where if say you have already got 3 surveys created for choice A then the next number would be A4.

But if you chose B and B had already 7 surveys for it then the next number would be B7.

Anyone know how to do this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John

Survey123 does not support auto-incrementation. We have an enhancement request open for this and I'll add you to it. Please take a look at the following for alternative approaches: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/11/25/creating-ticket-numbers-in-survey123-for... 

Another option would be to utilise the custom JS functionality available in the beta version of the app. That way you could query the service and auto-increment based on the previously submitted surveys. Take a look at the following for more information: Welcome to our Feedback Community . Note that this approach would require custom development.

Cheers

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John

Survey123 does not support auto-incrementation. We have an enhancement request open for this and I'll add you to it. Please take a look at the following for alternative approaches: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/11/25/creating-ticket-numbers-in-survey123-for... 

Another option would be to utilise the custom JS functionality available in the beta version of the app. That way you could query the service and auto-increment based on the previously submitted surveys. Take a look at the following for more information: Welcome to our Feedback Community . Note that this approach would require custom development.

Cheers

John

JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Johnathan.

0 Kudos