Steps to reproduce
- Create a hosted feature layer (or choose an existing one)
- Open the Item Details view
- Select the Visualization tab
- Click Configure Pop-ups
- Un-check Show Pop-ups
- Click OK
- Click Save Layer - at this point the clicking on a feature doesn't display the pop-up BUT....
- Refresh page or use layer in a web map. Pop-ups are still on.
If in #7 you click "Save As New Layer" and go thru the process. The pop-ups will be disabled as expected unless you change the value and then it can't be reset to "disabled".
Seems like a simple bug during the save as existing on this specific setting? Or is this expected behavior i.e. you can only disable pop-ups on a new layer? (this would make managing the web maps harder)