How to add 3D Wind Turbines to Web Scene

03-23-2018 05:47 PM
JurateMeister
New Contributor III

I am trying to add 3D wind turbines symbols on my 3d web scene but, I don't see the symbol nor it lets me add one. Can someone from ESRI help with this. I really appreciate the help

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Jurate,

Are you using ArcGIS Online organizational account or Portal? If you are using Portal what version.

In ArcGIS Pro 2.1 you can share a webstyle for use within a web scene. Check out the doc here:

Share a web style—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

When you are adding these 3D Symbols in your new Style in pro(Add styles to a project—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop ) Remember to click the camera icon where you are viewing the sample of the turbine b/c we will use that as the thumbnail for the symbol in the gallery picker in Scene Viewer and in the legend.

For Turbines, I have used OBJ file from TurboSquid for a DevSummit Demo.

I plan on having a blog up in the next week walking through this and using the new styles in ArcGIS Online in Scene Viewer.

Thanks!

Russ

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Hi @RussRoberts  I know that it is old but I still have the issue in 2021! I’ve followed the steps in your blog, but in the scene viewer I can only see the basic icons.It’s possible to use at least the ESRI 3D symbol for the turbines? I’m using portal.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you configure the group on your portal to host your webstyles under the admin settings?

0 Kudos
DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Thanks for the prompt reply. I dont have the rights. I will check with the admins. Is that possible instead to use the default ESRI symbol for turbines?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

What version of Portal are you using? Depending on the version the styles should be present by default in Scene Viewer. If its not in your version you would have to publish your own and that version would have to support setting a web style group to share the 3D web styles too.

0 Kudos
DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Hi 10.8.1. Default are only basic 3D polygons.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think the person who setup the portal needs to use the  Portal for ArcGIS Web Styles installer. Bc of the size of the 3D symbol gallery increased as the library expanded it was broken out to a separate install.  Step 8: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.8/install/windows/installing-portal-for-arcgis.htm#ESRI_S...

DilsonKitoko
New Contributor III

Thank you! Problem solved setting up a webstyle group.