Optimal Root Planning

03-21-2018 11:39 PM
Labels (1)
SankaHanangala_Arachchi
New Contributor

I have a business case that is related to GIS and trying to implement a solution by writing C# code. If this can be model or solve by ArcGIS please help me out.

1. There is a territory consists with set of outlets with coordinates.

2. Set of sales representatives are servicing the outlets with in this territory.

3. sales representatives has to visit the out let based on predefined schedule and there is a Max time that rep has to spend in that out let

Ex:- Outlet A has to visit by the rep 2 times a week in Monday and Friday Rep has to spend 15 min in the outlet to take orders.

Like wise outlet master has all the parameters.

Outlet ID, Lat, Long, Visit frequency, Time limit

Based on those parameters the territory has to divide in to groups (Roots - By grouping the outlets in to those roots)

Then has to predict the number of sales representatives need for each root.

This is the case i have to solve. Please give your feedback to resolve this.

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Have you looked at the Network Analyst for solutions to some of your requirements?

ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

I'd look into what Dan Patterson suggested, as it has quite a bit of potential for what you are describing.  Specifically, the "Vehicle Routing Problem" function may be useful.

ArcGIS Network Analyst | Overview 

ArcGIS Network Analyst | Features 

Vehicle routing problem analysis—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Notes:

You may want to contact ESRI Support, as they can give you more specifics as to what options are available considering your specific situation.

Chris Donohue, GISP

PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Sanka,

You might want to check out the Territory Design capabilities in the Business Analyst Desktop product as well. An Overview of the Business Analyst Territory Design Toolbox—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop. It is designed to solve problems like the one you described above.

Thanks,

Praveen