Can you use an integrated mesh as an elevation source in ArcGIS Pro?

03-20-2018 11:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've used an integrated mesh as an elevation in a web scene but for some reason I'm having trouble having it in ArcGIS Pro. No matter what I do it uses the ESRI world elevation service. Ideally, I want features to be based off the mesh and not the ESRI world elevation service. Is there any way around this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WilliamMorrish
Esri Contributor

Hello Travis, 

Integrated Mesh is not supported as an elevation service in either ArcGIS Online or in ArcGIS Pro at this time. what you are seeing in ArcGIS Online is the integrated Mesh suppressing the ArcGIS World Elevation Service, as well as the ArcGIS Online base map with your textured integrated mesh. 

The only elevation service that is supported on ArcGIS Online and in Pro is the raster elevation service, or local raster DEM. Which is published as a LERC image service. 

All the best. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi William,

Thanks for the response. Are there any future plans to give the option to suppress the World Elevation Service with a mesh within ArcGIS Pro as well? What you can do in ArcGIS Online is perfect and just want to replicate it in Pro (i.e. point layer following the surface of a mesh).

Is what your describing mentioned at the bottom of this page? Use web scene layers—Services | ArcGIS Desktop 

When an integrated mesh in a projected coordinate system is added to a scene, it is added in local view with the basemap and default elevation source removed. An integrated mesh with a geographic coordinate system such as WGS 1984 is added to a global scene with both the default basemap and elevation source.

0 Kudos