AnsweredAssumed Answered

GP Service fails - directories on separate machine

Question asked by ascullyCOT on Mar 20, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 by ascullyCOT

Working with a GP Service that references data in an SDE database.  We have a folder with SDE connection files that get referenced in the script.  

Script and tool in ArcMap run correctly, and publishing as a service goes smoothly with no warnings or errors.  However, the ArcServer machine I'm using has all of the directories (Cache, Jobs, Output, System) set up on a large external server (meaning not on the C: drive of the ArcServer machine), and running the service from REST fails.

The service executes successfully when published on a test ArcServer machine where all directories are on the C: drive.

The message in Server logs is (this is for a MakeFeatureLayer_Management step in the script - but I believe the problem is with data access not the actual specific arcpy tool since it works correctly in the script and ArcMap):

Dataset \\EXTERNALSERVER\arcgisServer\arcgisserver\AGSSERVERNAME\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\SUBFOLDER\SERVICENAME.GPServer\extracted\v101\SDECONNECTION.sde\INPUT_FEATURECLASSNAME does not exist or is not supported Failed to execute...

Names in caps are generic aliases I put in in place of the specific names/locations

This is essentially a UNC path to the server where the directories are for this ArcServer machine.  I can see these directories and files  (The .sde connection file) on the \\EXTERNALSERVER machine, so they are getting created during publishing in the expected location, but the REST GP Service is not able to access data through that SDE connection.  

Running ArcServer 10.4

Thanks -

Allen

Outcomes