Copy (Data Management) tool fails to copy GDB over the network

Jump to solution
03-20-2018 10:37 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to use the tool "Copy (Data Management)" from ArcMAP 10.5.0 to copy a Geodatabase from local drive (D:) to a network drive (Z:). and every time I  got the following error:

ERROR 000260: Failed to copy D:\T\New File Geodatabase (4).gdb into Z:\2)GIS_and_Design\7)CrescentLink\CrescentLink_Users\Ahmad_Saleh\Ahmad_Saleh.gdb
Failed to execute (Copy).

But the unusual thing is  when I go to the destination folder I am able to located  this Geodatabase  and also I can connect to it  and see or edit  the data inside, everything looks normal!.

The tool worked and copied the GDB to this location but it also throw  the previous error!.

PS: I have full read/write permission on this network folder, which mean that the tool has the full permission to write at this folder!. The same tool works fine if I used it to copy from Local to Local folders, and fails if tried to copy from Network to Network Folder!.

Have anyone had this issue before ?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AhmadSALEH1

I reached out esri support and it seems that its a bug in 10.5.0 & 10.5.1

BUG-000110678
Synopsis:The error '000260' is returned when copying workspaces between machines in the same network.
This will be fixed in ArcMap10.6.1

View solution in original post

14 Replies
TinaMorgan1
Occasional Contributor II

Have you tried copying this to a drive without parenthesis in the name?

I just did a quick test.

Input data= E:\test\Mydatabase.gdb

Output=E:\test\My)Folder.

^those parameters have an error in the gp tool.

If I create a folder named MyFolder instead of My)Folder, then it works...

AhmadSALEH1

Thanks Tina for your input, I tried your solution, The tool worked with me even if I have  parenthesis in the name! (in local drive) 

I also did one more test, I tired to use the tool to save on a network folder that doesn't have any  parenthesis in its name and I got the same error

ERROR 000260: Failed to copy D:\T\New File Geodatabase (4).gdb into Z:\GIS\GIS.gdb
Failed to execute (Copy).

Thanks alot

AhmadSALEH1

I reached out esri support and it seems that its a bug in 10.5.0 & 10.5.1

BUG-000110678
Synopsis:The error '000260' is returned when copying workspaces between machines in the same network.
This will be fixed in ArcMap10.6.1

ModernElectric

Greetings.

I am working with ArcMap 10.5 and having this same issue. I have not upgrade my system to the latest version due to our ArcReader Integration. I am having no luck copying my working GDB on my local C-Drive to our network that is backed-up on a nightly basis. Wanted to see if you have any follow-up on this from your experience?

Thank You

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

After spending a few months with ESRI support we had the same outcome. In Collector we have numerous map services saving attachments to SDE Oracle database, trying to copy or extract the attachments does not work. running the export attachment python script exports 1 attachment. After troubleshooting with ESRI Support and even trying this in arcGIS Pro we determined it to be BUG-000109584

CarlBeyerhelm
Occasional Contributor

shutil.copytree(sourceGDB, targetGDB) works as a substitute for Copy_management when copying file geodatabases.

0 Kudos
EvanBlaisdell
New Contributor III

I am receiving the error in 10.6.1, copying from a Postgres enterprise GDB to a file GDB on the same machine.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Still there in ArcMap 10.7.1  . Stuck in 10.4.1 

AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

same here. I am receiving the error in 10.7.1.

0 Kudos