Changing Selection color shading for polygons

Jump to solution
03-20-2018 06:50 AM
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to edit/remove the light brown selection color inside a polygon that appears after completing a search in ArcOnline?  I'd assume this question has been asked before, but most of the solutions I have found are associated with working in Story Maps or Share Point.  Any insight into this issue would be appreciated.  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

OK if you are using WAB AGOL and you app is hosted on AGOL then there is nothing you can do. If you get WAB Developer Edition and host your app on your own web server then you can modify the Search widgets code and make this change.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

The search symbol can be removed by clicking the "x" button in the search widget.

0 Kudos
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert,

Being something of a novice with widgets, do you think you could potentially include a screenshot? (I'm not sure where in the widget you're talking about).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Sure here you go.

0 Kudos
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

And this removes the polygon shading that appears within the shape outline of the address/parcel/block searched? It doesn't just clear the search query? I guess I am more wary of the shading appearing in the first place (I've included a screenshot of the issue I'm experiencing). 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

That will clear the search results (which include the fill symbol). Because you are using AGOL/Portal you do not have the ability to change the way the Search widget is programmed to add the fill symbol to the search result. If you were using WAB Developer  version then you could remove the fill.

MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Okay--now we're on the same wavelength, this is what I was driving at (in my somewhat muddled original post).  I was wondering if there were any options within the web app builder editor.  (Again, my apologies for not clarifying earlier).  Is editing the Search widget app an option? Do I have to create a custom widget?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

If you are using developer Edition then yes you can edit the Search widget to remove the orange fill symbol. What version of WAB Dev are you using?

0 Kudos
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I believe we're using the newest verison, v2.7 (for ArcGIS Online)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

OK if you are using WAB AGOL and you app is hosted on AGOL then there is nothing you can do. If you get WAB Developer Edition and host your app on your own web server then you can modify the Search widgets code and make this change.