Explorer App Information

03-20-2018 04:56 AM
MichaelMongoven
New Contributor II

I am looking for the most up to date information for the Explorer app for IOS and Android.  Will someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The product page with Help and FAQ is here: Explorer for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
MichaelMongoven
New Contributor II

Xander, Thank you for the reply.  I had already reviewed the data you referenced.  It notes that Explorer for Android when it (I believe) is out of beta and fully implemented fro Android.  Are you aware of any documentation related to using Explorer on Android and specifically Mark Ups?

Mike

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

According to this post: iOS Beta 3 and Android Beta 1 differences :

Markup and offline are ready on both platforms

However, when I look for that is these documents:

... I don't see any reference to them.

Some additional links that might contain info you are looking for:

0 Kudos
MichaelMongoven
New Contributor II

Xander,

Thank you, the PDF documents will be helpful.

Mike

Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

The PDFs are for the previous version of Explorer, not the current release.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi KDonia-esristaff , any ETA on when these documents will be updated to reflect the changes in the current version?

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Xander Bakker‌ -- there are no plans to update those. They are a PDF of the help for the previous version of the app that was put in place while Android wasn't yet released in the new format. They existed so that people using the previous app still could find help while the website was dedicated to the new app and experience. In fact, we'll be taking them down now that the new app is released.

Esri Education Team
XanderBakker

Hi Kylie Donia , thanks for clarifying. 

0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Hi Esri Team!

Recently, we generate a mmpk file from ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 and then, this was published in ArcGIS Online. In ArcGIS Explorer:

Android: 18.1.0 build 2058 &

IOS: 17.1.2 build 1790

We can download without problem the map, but cannot open. In IOS appear the message: "Invalid Map" and Android, the explorer for arcgis crash!

The mmpk contain just a image of digitalglobe of a very small sector to be able to optimize the download and visualization. What is this about? is compatibility?

In Pro 2.2 (Beta), does not even generate the mmpk, an error appears "external sharing process failed"

I hope your commnets.

Braulio Gálvez.

ESRI Chile S.A.

0 Kudos