Super simple: input, output. After two seconds I get the green checkmark and the results window looks good, but it seems too quick for input of 125,000 polygons. Indeed, there is no output feature class to be found. What might I be missing?
clear any selection?
paths? source and destination locations
centroid or inside?
Thank you. I find that the software is complicated enough to be . . . inconsistent. I'd been doing a lot of processing. Sometimes it seems like you need a fresh start, so I shut down the machine. Upon restart, I tried the tool and left the default destination, figuring esri got that right and maybe I didn't. It worked. "Oh," thinks I, "it needs a gdb destination." Then I tried it again with a shapefile for a destination and . . . well, it is running and running, which is a different lesson for me. But efficiency/performance issues aside, I believe my machine needed a fresh start. I'm happy to be disabused of this silly idea.
Same thing happened today, so I closed ArcMap, reopened and it ran. Too much processing. Nice to know that I'm not the only one who is flustered and confused. ArcMap is too! So we each need an occasional break.
Retrieving data ...