Custom form report text field value being converted to date/time value

03-15-2018 04:44 PM
CJH
by
New Contributor II

Hello, I have a text field in my survey named unit. It represents the apartment unit part of an address (e.g., 102). I created a custom form report to display the apartment unit by including ${unit}. The values transfer to the Word doc as date/time values. Instead of showing 102 it shows something similar to 1955/12/21T08:00:00 PM. Any ideas how I can get the unit 102 to transfer to my report would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi CJ,

Is the report that you have generated based upon the default template?  If it was not, what are the results when generating a report from the default?

0 Kudos
CJH
by
New Contributor II

I added to the default template four hidden text type questions: address, unit, city, and state. They are formatted the same in the xls form. Address, city, and state values transfer over to the custom form report correctly, but not the unit for some reason. Unit values are only numbers/integers, where address, city, and state contain at least some text. I wonder if during the report generation, unit values are mistakenly interpreted as date values, and how to fix this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Brandon Armstrong‌ and CJ H‌, I also experienced this issue today. I have a value of "A-0012" that is appearing in teh report as "12/01/2001 6:00 AM". This field is part of a repeat to bring in a value from outside the repeat and is set as a hidden question as well. It is also set as a string and if I export to a spreadsheet or FGDB it shows up perfectly fine. 

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Brandon Armstrong‌ and CJ H‌, I think this is a bug. Your mentioned this happened with your hidden questions. So I took my hidden question that it was doing this to and swapped it to text. Tada! That fixed my issue and all my ID's are being showed as they should.

0 Kudos