AnsweredAssumed Answered

Required web access fot AGOL

Question asked by xtian79 on Mar 15, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 by KGerrow-esristaff

I am working in a very restricted environment, I have a windows user account in a computer, this user does not have access to internet, but I am going to use it to perform some tasks using an AGOL.

When I request the internet access permissions for this user, the IT guy, asked me about the domains that will we accessed, because internet access for this account should be defined in a very specific way.

I give to IT guy the following information:

myorganization.maps.arcgis.com

Port:80,443

he grant me access, but my task continue failing, I used fiddler to capture the traffic, and discover that ArcGIS API for Python (tool used in the definition of the tasks) make web requests to a server called services8.arcgis.com

I proceed to request the access for that domain. and the permissions were granted.

The task worked perfectly. (that was a week ago)

Today, I tried to launch the task but it failed. I blame the IT guy, but he shows me the firewall rules, they were fine.

I tried to run the task step by step, and it failed in the creation of the object GIS (ArcGIS API for Python ), so I go deep, and using the traces of fiddler, I found that it breaks at the beginning of the transaction, it breaks generating the security token.

If I try to perform the task or even generate the security token from the same machine but using an account with no internet restrictions, there is no issue.

Here comes my question:

Which domains should be included in the firewall rules to have access to AGOL?

what other key points should I take into account to execute this task? have in mind that it should be executed with the user account mentioned above.

thanks

Outcomes