Exporting in Survey123: Survey answer change in Excell

03-13-2018 12:28 PM
AndrewRosales
New Contributor

Hello,

I created a Survey123 survey for a group of students to use collecting data on plant biodiversity. The app worked well in the field and the results look great on the Survey123 website. However, when I export the data-set from the website in Excel, some of the fields are changed. For example, I have some drop-down menus and when exported show "option2, option11, option21" as opposed to the view on the webpage of the plant name. 

I used the webdesign feature (drag & drop) and didn't build the survey in excel. Is there a way to change this in my survey or on the back-end? 

Here are some examples: Survey123 Web View

Exported i Excel View:

I did notice that the plant coverage buttons are square, but the drop-down choices for the plants are circles. I was wondering if that is part of the problem. 

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III
  1. Download your data in Geodatabase format
  2. import in ArcMap
  3. export Tabel to Excel with this tool: Table To Excel - Help | ArcGIS Desktop wtih this option "Use_domain_and_subtype_description" set to True

Or

1. Import feature layer hosted of your Survey123 in ArcGIS Pro
  2. export Tabel to Excel with this tool: Table To Excel - Help | ArcGIS Pro with this option "Use_domain_and_subtype_description" set to True

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos