Arcade expression for Pop-Ups fails to display.

03-13-2018 10:48 AM
JarettCook
New Contributor

Why won't the Attribute Expression configured for a Pop-Up save and display to a layer shared across Web Maps?

The following Arcade expression was a great work around for displaying the acres of a selected feature with the default Web Mercator Projection. 

When the expression is added to the Pop-Up of a layer of a Hosted Feature Service shared with my work group it only works for one session in Map Viewer. When the Web Map is opened latter the expression output won't display. The expression still shows in the Pop-Up configuration menu, but it doesn't display an actual output in the Pop-Up. 

The Feature Service and Web Maps in discussion are shared to a group and cached to Collector. 

Any ideas on why the saved Arcade expression quits displaying?

Thanks,

Jcoo490

14 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Jarett,

The expression should work across web maps. Is the map public? If not, you may want to get in touch with Support Services to look into what specifically is happening with your map. Do you see this issue on all browsers?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JarettCook
New Contributor

The maps that display the Feature Service in question are only shared with my group.  I see the same issue in Chrome and Internet Explorer. How do I contact Support Services?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Details here: Esri Support Contact Support 

In case you don't reside in the US, you can select the country to get details of your local distributor.

If you have access to https://my.esri.com/ , you can also create an support case there.

0 Kudos
AmyGwin2
New Contributor III

I am also having this issue. It only reports the information in the popup one session. All the information in faked for a new app I am building, and just wrapping up the configurations, when I noticed the size wasn't appearing on previously created test polygons, lines. I am using Arcade in AGOL expression, but I am not sharing at all right now. Our organization is behind a firewall until we move to Portal. 

Round(AreaGeodetic($feature, 'square-kilometers'),2) 

Round(AreaGeodetic($feature, 'square-miles'),2) 

There should be numbers reported in front of sq km, sq mi in these pop-ups. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Just did a test to see if the expressions work correctly in my portal (AGOL) and they do.

Expression:

Resulting pop-up:

Best to contact Esri Support and work through the case. 

AmyGwin2
New Contributor III

Xander,

So thanks for checking. However the issues isn't whether it works. The issues is that once the session ends and you come back to the popup - the information is missing. Could you go back to your feature shown and confirm that the arcade expression is still reporting from before. Thanks in advance. Also - I am unable to contact ESRI since I am not the primary contact.

-Amy

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Strange... just created a couple of polygons, saved the map with the expressions and closed it. Opened the map again from my content and the expression are still there and work without problems.

Can you describe the steps a little more to see if I can reproduce?

0 Kudos
AmyGwin2
New Contributor III

Xander,

I am finally working with ESRI tech support now. They were able to reproduce it on their end. It appears this issue only applies to hosted feature layers that have been set to 'editable'. I am anxious to hear if there is a fix available. This functionality would really improve my organizations' buy-in of web maps. I'm interested to hear how this works on your end as well.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

As you can see I haven't been able to reproduce it on my end. Since support has been able to reproduce it I think the best way is to wait for a solution from their side. One thing that does come to mind is creating a Hosted feature layer view: Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS . Since this is a different way of looking at the feature layer, maybe the Arcade expression will work here.

0 Kudos