Crowdsource map - how can I delete unwanted contributions?

Jump to solution
03-13-2018 10:19 PM
SWoodward
New Contributor II

I would like to delete my test photo. I assume I will also want to delete other photos, rejected and otherwise. I know they don't appear, but there is not a lot of screen real estate and I will have student contributions,  so I expect there may be a lot of rejects (I hope so!) Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

You'll have to have edit permissions on the feature service if you want to remove contribution. This is limited to the owner and organization admins by default. To remove posts from just the crowdsource application, you can "reject" them (see step 10 in this tutorial: Story Map Crowdsource Tutorial | Story Maps). You can also filter your view of points so you don't keep seeing the rejected points even in the editor.

If you want to permanently delete the features, you can open the features service in ArcGIS Online. Then choose the "Edit with admin permission." That will allow you to delete any point you select. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

You'll have to have edit permissions on the feature service if you want to remove contribution. This is limited to the owner and organization admins by default. To remove posts from just the crowdsource application, you can "reject" them (see step 10 in this tutorial: Story Map Crowdsource Tutorial | Story Maps). You can also filter your view of points so you don't keep seeing the rejected points even in the editor.

If you want to permanently delete the features, you can open the features service in ArcGIS Online. Then choose the "Edit with admin permission." That will allow you to delete any point you select. 

KatherineWimble_Fox
New Contributor

I found 'Features Service' but I don't see "Edit with an admin permission." Where is this choice?

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

It's in the dropdown "Open in Map Viewer" button.

0 Kudos
JeffShaw2
Occasional Contributor II

The Map Viewer can only be used to delete records if they have geometry. And you can't even do that from the "Data" tab. There is no good way to do delete them as far as I know, which frustrates and confuses our AGOL members - even GIS pros.

Crowdsource Manager is the only decent template for updating records, and we need it to allow deleting records for some of our workflows -- some are "crowdsource" workflows, and others are just needing a reasonably good interface for updating data. It doesn't make sense to require editors to use a combination of 4 interfaces (Map Viewer, WAB, a template, and the REST endpoint), to do simple data management. Even simple workflows performed by novice AGOL users who create embeddable maps need an easy method for updating their data. - and that includes deleting test data -- the first thing users are confronted with when getting started. This situation has caused many who attempted to use AGOL to revert back to other simple web mapping solutions.