fit map frame to layout

03-10-2018 08:20 AM
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I am working with Arcgis Pro 2.1.2 and I am in layout mode. I would like to learn how to fit the map frame to fill 100% of the layout page. I understand that I can manually drag the vertices of each side but I am hoping there is a single click option. 

If there is not single click option, how do I turn snapping on or off in the layout mode to assist with this?

Thank you.

b

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One route to consider - right click on the map frame and select properties.  From there in the Map Frame properties, click the Placement tool (4th icon on the right in interface) and change the size to 8.5x11 for example.  To snap it to the page, set two guide a 0, 11.5 and snap to guide.  The layout snapping is located to the right of the scale box lower left of the application. Then your map frame is sized to the page and snapped to the page.  Not a one click solution but works fairly quickly.

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This was pretty handy in Arc Map, unclear as to why it would have been left out in Pro, or why all the extra steps. Be sure to vote on https://community.esri.com/ideas/13398-fit-to-margins-in-arcgis-pro

deleted-user-yUw6wWKCYBY0
New Contributor III

When you go to map frame properties and set the size so that it's the same as that of the map layout, also set the position to 0, 0 and the data frame will then fit exactly to the map layout. Totally agree it would be better if there was a one-click solution, though.