where has all the coffee gone

03-10-2018 02:59 AM
Labels (1)
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Long time passing...

The coffee has petered out in earlier events, but not [I'm pretty sure] in the last few years.  Are we forgetting certain lessons?  Here we are at DevSummit 2018 and the coffee cycle repeats itself.  

Speaking of beverages, as I witnessed the struggles of the poor beer dispensers, I have decided that this was not managed at all well.  I don't know what Palm Springs Convention Center had promised, but they most definitely did not deliver this year, unless it was to your own specification.  Let's learn from this, folks.

At least lunches were good as ever.  Party was crap food, greasy, a guilty pleasure, with admittedly an alternative back salad row.  I honestly don't know how to improve that.  Let's have a round of farts and blurts for the spirit of party hearty [which then fails and drops you to the ground].

You did keep the better swag pens from last year.  At least you learned from that.

--Mark

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CandaceLoya
Occasional Contributor III

Greetings Mark,

Great question and comment about the coffee. If you look at the https://community.esri.com/community/events/devsummit/blog/2018/03/10/devsummit-2018-closing-session...‌, you will see that a total of 1,657 gallons of coffee was consumed at DevSummit this year. This may explain why the coffee disappeared so quickly especially given that more than 2,100 attendees were present at the event. I am surprised more coffee wasn't consumed. 

We can share your gracious feedback with the Esri events staff and let them know we need more coffee for next year.

Not enough coffee

0 Kudos