Edit pulldata () Once in Form

Jump to solution
03-08-2018 11:46 AM
SageTezak1
New Contributor II

Survey 123 may be a good option for my project. My next question is, can I edit the data after I use the pulldata () function? From what I can tell, the imported data is not editable. Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sage,

Yes, you can modify the value returned via a pulldata() calculation that is in the text field.

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sage,

Yes, you can modify the value returned via a pulldata() calculation that is in the text field.

Phil.

0 Kudos
SageTezak1
New Contributor II

Good new! Thanks. I'm new to Survey123. Anyway you can be more specific on how I modify the calculation. Currently, it is simply printing the calculated text result -  ${adCalc2}.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can only modify the pulldata() calculation in Connect, not once it is published, but you can edit the value in the text field that the calculation returns.

Phil.

0 Kudos
SageTezak1
New Contributor II

Can you please tell me how I can edit the value in the text field (type: note) that the calculation returns?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sage,

Sorry, you didn't mention you were using a note field to hold the pulldata() calculation. Note type fields can not be edited in the form (as they are exactly as the name suggests, just a note). You need to use a text, integer, decimal etc type question if you want it to be editable.

Phil.

0 Kudos
SageTezak1
New Contributor II

Got it! Thank you!

0 Kudos
JimmyPinedo
New Contributor

Hi Sage and Philip, I tried to use pulldata. All run okay but when we try to overwrite in the field (where is pulldata) this send old information to the server and we loss new records. Did you see this? Thanks

0 Kudos