What version is my app?

03-06-2018 04:34 PM
MattStull
New Contributor III

I inherited a web app and I need to find out what version it was made in.  What is the easiest way to do this?

I don't have the old install folder/files for the old version, are they available somewhere for download?  I believe that I will need them to run the upgrade of the app itself, correct?

Thank you!

Matt S.

Tags (4)
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

When you are running the app you can open the browser developer tools and in the console tab find the command prompt and type wabVersion and click enter. This will tell you the version number like ‘2.7’

MattStull
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert, that worked!  I found this page where you can download the older versions of the WAB:

ArcGIS for Developers 

They should put a link to this page from this page:

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

MattStull
New Contributor III

I was able to get my "inherited" version 1.3 web app fully working with version 2.6.  The "inherited" app was just the folder with the files in it that had been migrated from one server to another; it was not a zip file.  I created a dummy app with the same name as my real app, as Robert suggested, in the new version.  I went in and replaced the dummy app files in the server\app\app# folder with the real app files.  Then I went into the Web App Builder, to the main screen where you see all your apps listed.  From there, I downloaded the app (to the zip file).  Then I imported the downloaded app (zip file) that I just created and now it's working fine with the new version (I can view, configure, etc.. everything)!

Thanks for your tips Robert!

Matt S.  

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt, if you are new to WAB developer edition, and the app you inherited uses custom widgets, you may be interested in checking out my blog with a list to most of the custom widgets. It might help track them down. And for what it's worth, I do have a link to the older version downloads, but agree, having a link in the help would be helpful for all.   

I have several blogs on WAB.  A bit messy, but info is there. I have links to the others within, so I'll just list two here.

/blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...

/blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2017/03/04/web-appbuilder-the-custom-widgets-list-332017?sr=search&searchId=837d2...

MattStull
New Contributor III

Thanks Rebecca, I'll check out your blog!  I have used the WAB developer edition a little bit but I definitely need to learn more.

Matt

0 Kudos
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thanks - I have found the version (1.4).  How can I find out if I am using the Developer version or not?

Thanks.

Stew

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Use productVersion in the console.

StewartGalloway
New Contributor III

This is the result: "ArcGIS Online November 2015".

Does this mean it is the Developer version?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nope, That means that it is the AGOL version