Creating temporary inputs

Jump to solution
03-07-2018 10:27 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to hold fields in memory of Survey123 and not send them as an attribute to the feature service?

Basically to work around not being able to apply a choice filter to select_multiple. I have built a long set of choice lists, each of which apply to a single select_multiple question which turns on using the relevant expression. I need that select_multiple to be different base on a previous answer. So I use the relevant to just turn on a single one of the select_multiple questions for the user to answer. The problem is is there are going to be hundreds of these hidden fields, and only one is going to be activated. I don't want my feature class to have 99 blank columns and 1 filled out for every row.

So I was wondering is there a way to hold those 99 questions in memory, then do some kind of concatenation on the 100 rows into a single field and only send that data up?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonny - set the bind::esriFieldType field to null for those questions you don't want to create a field or submit a value for.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonny - set the bind::esriFieldType field to null for those questions you don't want to create a field or submit a value for.