ArcPro How to Show Sum of Lengths in Legend

Jump to solution
03-06-2018 10:44 AM
jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a line fc with a field named PROGRESS. This field has a domain assigned with 3 possible values; In Progress, Completed and Not started.

I can symbolize based on the values of the field but I would like to be able to add a sum of the Shape_Length for all of the different values to the TOC and in the end have the lengths show up in the legend.

Is this possible?

In Progress: 450

Completed: 3000

Not Started: 6500

Something to that effect

Thank you,

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Summarize on your Progress field:

So your Case field would be PROGRESS and then your Statistics Field would be Shape_length with a Statistic Type of Sum.

You could add a Table Frame to the layout Add and modify table frames—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop.

After that, you'll need to customize things to set up the Legend.  I don't know of an automatic way to do this, but using the above techniques I don't think it is a very hard thing to set up.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Summarize on your Progress field:

So your Case field would be PROGRESS and then your Statistics Field would be Shape_length with a Statistic Type of Sum.

You could add a Table Frame to the layout Add and modify table frames—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop.

After that, you'll need to customize things to set up the Legend.  I don't know of an automatic way to do this, but using the above techniques I don't think it is a very hard thing to set up.

Hope this helps.

jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, this worked.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to do this in the map layout using dynamic text? I would like to display the sum of all line segments in a specified feature class. Here's a screen capture of what I have tried but the output is a list of values, not a total sum.

SHartholt_0-1668782874028.png

SHartholt_1-1668782920058.png

0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

I have a similar question. How do I automate this in ArcPRO? AdvLegSymLabelIntroduction.gif