ArcGIS Pro 2.0+ "Explore" Bug

03-06-2018 07:48 AM
alexmoore
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm experimenting with this new ArcGIS Pro 2.0+ that became available at my workplace (currently using ArcMap), and I'm experiencing some inconsistencies with datasets brought in via query layers from our SQL Server (currently '08 server. Tried w/ a '16 server and had same issues).

Some datasets seem to work just fine (selecting / "identifying" / searching), and some datasets erroneously return incorrect records when I "identify" them with the new "Explore" button. Example: I "identify" a utility pole in front of our building, which I know has a name of "POLE-X", but the "identify/explore" window returns back "POLE-W". If I "identify" that pole again it may return another pole, "POLE-Z", or sometimes no object attributes at all.

Has anybody encountered odd behavior like this before?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Alex.  Please make sure that you're on Pro 2.1.2 which is the current version and check your setup against ArcGIS Pro 2.1 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Supported database management systems—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Where is the data coming from?  In the attachment, is the S9-207 a label coming from the POLE field?

Again, make sure you're on the current version and that you meet the system requirements/supported databases and follow up after that.  Thanks!

alexmoore
New Contributor II

Kory,

I am unfortunately not admin for our company's software decisions, and we just made 2.01 available so we are stuck with that version.

Our database is a Microsoft SQL Server 2016, so it is listed as a supported database. This is where we are bringing our data in from.

In the attachment pic, yes the "S9-207" value is a label coming from the POLE field for that object (which is the correct value), but when I Identify/Explore it, that function seems to randomly identify an object from that dataset, or bring back all NULLs as the Identify task fails.

After identifying any random object using the Identify/Explore tool, if i select the "Flash this feature on the active map or scene" button at the bottom of that window, a different random object will flash each time...

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

For the sake of troubleshooting, what happens if you export your feature class to a file geodatabase and work with popups/flash?

0 Kudos
alexmoore
New Contributor II

When I export a misbehaving query layer to a feature class, that feature class behaves perfectly as expected.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What is being used as the unique identifier for the query layer?  

When you see the unexpected behavior, had you opened the attribute table for the layer or not?  What happens if you open the attribute table, and then try exploring/identifying on the query layer?

0 Kudos