New field uploads aren't taking place.. how to fix?

03-04-2018 09:16 PM
deleted-user-obxnaKO3IpTF
New Contributor II

I made a survey form in Survey123 connect app and we collected some data and we got to know that we have to add a new field. lets take an example.

OLD: Name, Father Name, NIC #. Picture1.

New: First Name, Last Name, NIC#, Picture1, Picture2,

when I ask for upload and tick add the the following new fields when publishing to green

and I publish survey.

and this screen stays like forever, circling and circling....

do anyone know how to fix?

thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Abdul,

What version of Connect are you using and on what OS version?

In your example, I see that you are renaming two fields and adding one field. Renaming of fields is not supported via the add field option and requires the feature service to be deleted and re-created. However adding the additional image question would not require the feature service to be re-created and re-publishing should, adding the new question to the survey.

Alternatively, if you want to rename fields, add fields and make other schema changes, you can make the changes via ArcGIS Online directly to the feature service, and then update your survey to reflect the changes (make sure the field name, type, length etc all match). If you then re-publish the survey will be updated and you should see a warning to say that the existing feature service will not be effected.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

Thanks for replying. I am using version 2.6.4 on Windows 10.

Well I did delete the field first and recreated again. but I added more field too by simply inserting a row above or below the field I want in xlsform but still no changes take place.

also without deleting or renaming any field and just by adding new fields by  inserting a row above or below the field I want in xlsform it still stuck on publish page.

Regards

Majeedi

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Majeedi,

Do you encounter the same issue with all surveys you have created when trying to re-publish and add a new field, or is it just this specific survey?

Are you using AGOL or Portal, if so what version? How was the feature service originally created, by Survey123 or was it an existing feature service?

Lastly, can you send me a copy of your xlsform (xlsx file) before you added the extra field, and then a copy after you have added the extra field, so I can try and replicate the issue.

Regards,

Phil.

New Contributor II

Hi, I have just deleted the entire survey and re-uploaded it. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

And it worked..

0 Kudos
TexasMike
New Contributor III

Had the same thing happen when trying to add fields to an already published survey.

The fields wanting to be added were in a repeating section. Survey123 Connect would not publish, as Abdul mentioned above the green circle just continued to spin. No errors or warning messages to troubleshoot with.

We had to move the fields to the main section of the form and were able to publish with no issues. Not the ideal solution but allowed us to move forward.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue when republishing where the only questions added are within a repeat.  You could either add a question to the parent form at the same time (and subsequently remove it) or add the fields for the questions manually via the ArcGIS Online Item page/ArcGIS Pro and then add the questions to the survey.

TexasMike
New Contributor III

Awesome... thanks for the reply JTedrick-esristaff

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TexasMike,

Just letting you know that BUG-000113652 has been fixed in the latest 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community, so it would be great if you can test out the latest beta builds by adding a new question/field only to a repeat (related table) in your survey and publishing from Connect. The app should no longer hang and the publish process should be successful.

Regards,
Phil.

0 Kudos