remove autosave from editor and other features from original edit widget

03-01-2018 11:36 AM
AbhinavSharma
New Contributor III

Hey everyone.

I currently have a custom widget with edit capabilities and right now I have a cancel and apply button that work perfectly fine if you click them.But if you click away from the map it will override my buttons and save anyway. But i noticed that the editor widget already available in webapp builder has the capability built in to prevent the autosave feature and instead the user must hit save to save the edits. if the user clicks away from the map a popup is displayed informing the user that they did not hit save. 

I was unable to find this feature in the API documentation is this something that is only available in the ootb edit widget? Adding this feature to my application could help prevent user errors. 

Does anyone know of any reference to this property in the API or another way I could get this functionality in my application.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Abhinav,

All that magic happens in the _addButtonToInspector function in the Edit widget. You can borrow code from there.

AbhinavSharma
New Contributor III

This looks like it could be it. I will spend little while messing around with the code and will mark this correct if I do not need any further clarification. 

0 Kudos