AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to configure WAB Dev application to return pop-ups on layer that is outside its visible range?

Question asked by 96213@charlottenc.gov_charlotte on Mar 1, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2018 by rscheitlin

So, I have a pretty niche requirement, but its something that I think is pretty interesting nonetheless.

I've configured a bunch of custom code into my WAB app (i.e. modifying widgets behavior, adding new JS files, etc.), but that is not important for this specific question.

I want to know how (if it is at all possible) one would override the default behavior of the esri JS API for returning features. Normally, if you are out of a layer's zoom scale, no pop-up is returned for that feature (i.e. a parcel layer turns on at 1:1000 and you're at 1:5000). 

However, I want a particular MapService layer to always return pop-ups, regardless of whether that layer is visible.

I went through the pop-up documentation and didn't find any explicit reference to it. It appears that when a map is loaded, the 'active layers' are returned and then onClick events are queried against this. 

Any ideas on how I'd go about accomplishing this? Again, its just a single layer that I want to always return pop-ups and seem 'active' regardless of whether the layer is within its active zoom extent. Thanks!

Outcomes