Maplex engine refuses to display labels on some views using an orthographic projection when zoomed out past a certain point (1:58,157,528 in this case). In particular this seems to mostly occur with Australia or the Far East as the center of the view. The labels will show once zoomed in a little if I pan the view toward the top of the screen or once I zoom in even more if I do not pan the view at all. If I pan back down without changing the zoom the labels disappear.
- Visibility Range is set to none for both In beyond and Out beyond.
- The labels do NOT show as unplaced labels when selecting View Unplaced.
- Selecting Unplaced labels, Never remove has no effect.
- Weights and Priorities are all at the defaults and changing them has no effect at the problem zoom level.
- Turning off all other layers also has no effect.
- The labels immediately display when changing to the Standard labeling engine.
What am I missing?