Few Survey 123 issues need help for

03-01-2018 12:43 PM
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I have uploaded a  new Survey which has been generated by using existing survey but have done lots of modification in new survey and then published it.

Issue 1:- while testing the new survey on device when I am trying to edit already sent survey all of the fields are visible but cant choose any of the drop down list to make an update and surprisingly its the same with the original survey.

Original survey was used in the field and also tested before at that time everything was working fine. ( I have tried all kind of troubleshooting from deleting survey from my device to add it again but got the same problem.)

Issue 2:- Some of my fields got long choices,it looks ok on computer screen, but when we are using the same on mobile or tab screen, after selecting one choice it shows only the last part of choices, is there any way we can make the start part of choice visible for the long choices irrespective of screen size. Refer to the screen shot below For Sample Variable 1 choice is - Asbestos-reinforced composites (plastics, resins, mastics, roofing felts, vinyl floor tiles, semi-rigid paints or decorative finishes, asbestos cement etc). but on my phone screen I can see only as shown in the below screenshot.

Issue 3:- In the "repeat" section when we finished first sample and press + to add next sample , is there any way it will take me to the start of tha page, as of now ,have to scroll up to start recording survey information for next new sample and its annoying for the large survey to keep on scrolling to the start of the page.

Issue 4:- Is there any way app collected data can be save on SD card on the device , as if I am not wrong it is currenly using device memory.

Issue 5:- When I update the excel and save it in Surevy 123 connect updated page takes ages to update and stuck on "Converting XLS Form" for long ,after couple of mins wait I have to close everything and redo it. Again not sure why?

Suggestions please :- What is the best way for images or photos setting , our survey requirement is to take high resolution clear photos of the smaple so when we come back in the office by looking at the sample number from photo we can use it for further analysis. Currently I have kept the image setting of the app as unrestricted but it is going to suck the credits as we might take 50+ photos at each site. Can you please suggest me different options for the photos setting. We are using different resolution moble cameras and apple tab for survey.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
9 Replies
deleted-user-PF38P_WNl02r
New Contributor II

I had the same problem as your Issue 5.  I was able to fix it by uninstalling Survey123 Connect (I had multiple versions on one computer like the Beta version, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6 each in a different folder) and downloading and installing the newest Survey123 Connect version. This fixed that issue

0 Kudos
AnuSawant

Thanks Bauer will try that.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anu,

I will try to answer your questions as easily as possible:

Issue 1: Are the fields that are not editable via the Inbox in a repeat? If so, you may only have query mode enabled, so if you want to edit you need to add the correct parameters such as allowUpdates: Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Issue 2: The end of the label values are displayed by default. Using long labels in choice lists is not preferred and you may see similar behaviour in the web app, survey123 website, custom printing and AGOL webmaps etc. Shortening the labels should resolve this issue. Alternatively I can raise an enhancement request for this to be looked at.

Issue 3: This has been fixed in version 2.7 (to be released end of March).

Issue 4: No, this is not currently possible. The app data is saved in the same folder as the app installation which is part of the default app installation process.

Issue 5: What changes are you making to your xlsx file when this happens, does it happen every time? It is likely the pyxform validation is running into errors or something that causes it to take long time that you have changed? Do you have long choice lists or external choice lists?

Suggestion: For high resolution image attachments that are the same as maximum that the camera takes, the best option is to use unrestricted as you are currently doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil.

AnuSawant

Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for the reply.

About Issue 5 I have just taken a copy of exisitng Survey and renamed it with new location name.As I am trying to keep separate survey for different survey location, so it is easy to delete the one has been finished and report has been submitted. Yes it does have long choiced list ,unfortunately cant shorten it as its survey requirement.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anu,

Out of interest, how many records are in each individual choice list?

Phil.

0 Kudos
AnuSawant

Hi Phil,

Overall I have got 23 fields with choices

7 fields got long choices(around 156 words max as a single choice) but number of choices for these fields are less only 3 to 4 for each field. One field has got 100 choices but those are small like 3 words.

Hope this make sense

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anu,

In that case I do not think it is your choice lists, as they are not very long. Some of our users have 10,000 records (choices) in one list with long names as well, and this is where we see impact on performance or crashes.

If you are able to send a copy of your survey xlsx form I can take a look at see if there is any reason why it may get stuck when refreshing, it is likely something you have configured in the survey.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AnuSawant

That could be the case as I have some of the results based on pre calculation. I have email you the survey as it got privacy issue.

Thanks Phil .

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anu,

Thanks for sending me your survey xlsx form. If you want to make a copy of your survey to a new folder and publish it as a new survey with new feature service, the best way to do it is via the "New Survey" menu in Connect and select the "My Surveys" option and the existing survey. This will download and duplicate the survey, settings and media files but place them in a new folder. Manually copying them in explorer and trying to edit the .info and other associated files my result in issues when refreshing the survey.

Phil.

0 Kudos