How are repeats managed within the Sent box?

02-28-2018 09:50 AM
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

I have noticed that when you create a copy of a survey from the Sent box the repeats for the original survey are removed. Is this the software design for how repeats are managed within the Sent box?

Below is the example of the workflow I am using.

1. Create original survey with a repeat.
  2. Look at the survey data in the hosted service for the original survey. The repeat is there.
  3. Create a copy of the original survey from the Sent box.
  4. Look at the survey data in the service. The original survey has no repeat record. The copy does of the repeat record.

This removes the history of capturing repeats for previous surveys. What is the reason for removing the repeats for the original survey?

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Can you look through https://community.esri.com/message/747929-copying-repeats-to-new-surveys-not-working#comment-750605 ?  This sounds like the bug uncovered in that thread.

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello James,

I read the linked question and it seem to have similar workflow to my question.

• I created the survey in Survey123 Connect with version 2.6.4
  • I am using Survey123 version 2.6.7
  • My repeat bind::esri:parameters is allowUpdates
  • My repeat name is lower case

One thing I remembered is that if you open the original survey again to edit, the repeat does show. If you save and send now the repeat shows in the service. However, if you make a new copy, then the original does not show the repeat.

I have attached my XLS form.

Thank you,

Kevin 

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello James,

Could you please verify if the Sent Box issue I have described is related to the bug you mentioned?

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Yes the issue you are experiencing is identical to the issue I cited above.  

0 Kudos