Issues with repeats select one questions and calculations

02-27-2018 07:25 AM
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

My form contains a repeat with a select_one question to identify the slope. The choice list is as follows:

slope<20%Mostly Flat
<20%
slope20-50%Sloped
20-50 %
slope> 20%Steep
>50%

No matter what selection I've made, the database takes the value of the label, so I've tried making the select_one question null and created a another field that takes (using a calculation) the value selected in the select_one question. This works indeed, with the caveat that all the answers for this question is automatically changed for all the records in the repeat to the last value selected.

I don't think this makes sense, since every record withing the repeat should behave independently of the previous one. 

Please advise if it might be due to some type of bug.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Javier,

Can you please share a copy of your survey xlsx form, so I can take a closer look.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

Good afternoon Phil.

Sorry about the delay. I’ve tried something else, and no need to add a calculated field or similar, since everything works as expected.

FYI, I believe there is an issue when creating a Survey from an existing one and the folder and associated files that created. I went ahead and deleted any file that didn’t relate to the Survey and that did the trick.

Check the screen capture below to illustrated this:

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks for getting back with me.

Javier