copying rows sometimes loses the drop down menu

Jump to solution
02-27-2018 03:40 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Sometimes when I copy rows in the Excel spreadsheet while working on a survey the drop down menu doesn't work anymore in the new row I've created. This happened today when I wanted to take advantage of the newest template to "upgrade" a survey I created over a year ago. All of the drop down menus in the rows I copied from the original sheet into the new sheet don't work but blank rows work. I could go though and fix them all one by one but I think there should be a easier way.

Is there a better method to upgrade a survey to the latest template?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

When you copy the values over from your old survey xlsx template, make sure you copy and paste them into the new template as values only (use the advanced paste menu). This will ensure the formatting is not copied over from the old template, and will keep the new formatting and drop downs in new template.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

When you copy the values over from your old survey xlsx template, make sure you copy and paste them into the new template as values only (use the advanced paste menu). This will ensure the formatting is not copied over from the old template, and will keep the new formatting and drop downs in new template.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos