ArcGIS Monitor / Specific license?!

02-27-2018 12:22 AM
SebastienPetit
Occasional Contributor

First we got very enthusiasts that FINALLY Esri released a monitoring tool for ArcGIS Server.

We have spent years of developing our own tools to monitor and manage ArcGIS Servers.

Now I would like to try it and I see that you need a specific license?
I contacted my local Esri office to get one and hopefully it should not be a problem since we are under ELA but I am thinking that is should be included in the ArcGIS Server licensing...

Why adding a cost for a tool that should have been part of the suite?

Also, now i am stuck on my installation hoping to get one license to at least test the tool... not knowing what it will actually do.

I also do not understand reading the different post here what will be the license scheme

Any comments / remarks / advises more than welcolme

Tags (2)
10 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sebastien,

> ... not knowing what it will actually do.

FYI, you can review the ArcGIS Monitor help documentation,
What is ArcGIS Monitor?—ArcGIS Monitor | ArcGIS Enterprise

> I also do not understand reading the different post here what will be the license scheme

ArcGIS Monitor is licensed based on cores of ArcGIS Server being monitored. FYI, please see these FAQ docs,

ArcGIS Monitor documents

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SebastienPetit
Occasional Contributor

I understood that and know that nothing is better than actually try a software 🙂

I also understand the licensing scheme and keep my comment up there that it should be included with the software 🙂

LorenzMeyer1
Occasional Contributor

"ArcGIS Monitor is licensed based on cores of ArcGIS Server being monitored. FYI, please see these FAQ docs,"

Are you kidding me??? This is just ridiculous. Licensing based on cores in the cloud age is really out of date and I agree with other opinions here, it MUST be part of the arcgis licensing for enterprise solutions. Everything else is not acceptable.

BryanPrice
New Contributor III

Sebastien, I agree whole hearted with you, this item should be included. I also am under a ELA and really need to moitor my enterprise, these cost are getting out of hand.

DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

This had previously been included as a component of the EEAP; but I was just informed this has now been pulled. So this gives on less reason to pay a hefty annual cost to ESRI.

0 Kudos
JCGuarneri
Occasional Contributor II

I see I have licenses available for 10.8 equal to the number of server licenses, but none for 10.7.1. Did the licensing model change?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Monitor v10.8 is backward compatible with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7x, 10.6x, 10.5x, etc. 

Thus you can install ArcGIS Monitor v10.8.0 and it will monitor your ArcGIS Enterprise v10.7.1 platform.

Does that answer your question?

0 Kudos
JCGuarneri
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the response, and that's good to know. I was actually asking about what, if anything, changed about licensing for Monitor betwee 10.7.1 and 10.8. What I'm wondering is if now all I have to do is peel off a license for a Monitor install, or if there are additional authorizations I need based on the number of cores I'm going to monitor. I'm concerned about getting a server set up only to find I don't have the proper authorizations I need to get it up and running.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please contact your Esri Account Manager to inquire about license-specific questions.

The actual ArcGIS Monitor license is available on your MY ESRI website:

MY ESRI > My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations

After you install ArcGIS Monitor, a software authorization wizard will run and prompt you for the license.

Obtain an authorization file—Installation Guides | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos