Where can I find info on name and parameters for Geoprocessing tools

Jump to solution
02-27-2018 04:32 AM
René_AstadDupont
New Contributor II
I try to execute a geoprocessing tool "SplitLineBypoint" and I have the code below, witch do not give me the expected result.
My first question is:
      Where can i find the name/id of the tool. My guess in the code are "analysis.SplitLineAtPoint", but that just my guess.
secondly: Were can I find documentation on the values that I have to pack into the valueArray.
private async Task<bool> SplitPipesByJunctions()
        {
            var valueArray = await QueuedTask.Run(() =>
            {
                mVannledninger = GetLayer("Vannledninger");
                mJunctions = GetLayer("Vann_nett_Junctions");
                mDestVannledninger = GetLayer("Vannledninger_SplitLineAtPoi");
                return Geoprocessing.MakeValueArray(mVannledninger, mJunctions, mDestVannledninger, 0.1 );
            });
            var res = await Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync("analysis.SplitLineAtPoint", valueArray);
            return true;
        }
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
René_AstadDupont
New Contributor II

To answer my own question.

Right clikking the tool of interest in ArcGIS Pro and selecting properties.

eg. "Split Line at Point" show:

In this example the name to use is: "toolboxsalias.SplitLineAtPoint".  I still don't know where to find toolboxalias" but i think that this can be figured out by a qualified guess.

The Parameters Show a table of parameters and their Data Type to pack into the valueArray. 

Hope this can help someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

SplitLineAtPoint ... is a geoprocessing tool in both arcmap and PRO.

Documentation of any ArcToolbox tools can be found in the appropriate help topic regardless of the developing language

René_AstadDupont
New Contributor II

Hei Dan

Thank you for the resonse.

I have been looking at that page, but that did not really give me the nessesary information. 

It might be my mistake, but i dont find the name to use in C# at that page, and i don't find any C#  examle.

And whitch parameters should I use? Name of the featureclass? The Fetureclass? a geometry? Where can I find information on that? 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The following has C# example code: ArcGIS Pro 2.1 API Reference Guide - ExecuteToolAsync  .  Use the references from Dan to understand what the tool's arguments are to pass using ExecuteToolAsync.

René_AstadDupont
New Contributor II

Thank you Joshua.

Your answer was very helpfull, even it did not directly answer my question.

0 Kudos
René_AstadDupont
New Contributor II

To answer my own question.

Right clikking the tool of interest in ArcGIS Pro and selecting properties.

eg. "Split Line at Point" show:

In this example the name to use is: "toolboxsalias.SplitLineAtPoint".  I still don't know where to find toolboxalias" but i think that this can be figured out by a qualified guess.

The Parameters Show a table of parameters and their Data Type to pack into the valueArray. 

Hope this can help someone else.

0 Kudos