Capital Improvement Plan feature layer view

Jump to solution
02-23-2018 01:12 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I am working with the Capital Improvement Plan solution deployed using the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool in Pro.  If I understand correctly, when I add a feature to the feature layer service, the result will show up in the feature layer view, and vice versa.  When I add a feature to the layer service, nothing appears in the view.  I suspect this is operator error.....what am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

Hi Scott,

If I understand correctly, the View Definition is similar to a Definition Query.  I updated the field entry in the attribute table the feature view was defined by, the new feature appeared.  I reviewed the help Get started overview - Capital Improvement Plan | ArcGIS for Local Government and I did not see much on the topic of View Definitions.  It would be nice to tweak the online help regarding View Definitions for us solution rookies.

Many thanks for your help,

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Jay -

The feature layer views for the capital planning solutions have a series of View Definitions set on them that define which fields and features are visible.  The view definitions help us manage the state of capital projects and ensure only certain fields are visible / can be edited by specific users in an organization.  Go to the Visualization Tab for the feature layer view and review the View Definition.  Then compare the View Definitions to the sample project data you created. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott

JayHodny

Hi Scott,

If I understand correctly, the View Definition is similar to a Definition Query.  I updated the field entry in the attribute table the feature view was defined by, the new feature appeared.  I reviewed the help Get started overview - Capital Improvement Plan | ArcGIS for Local Government and I did not see much on the topic of View Definitions.  It would be nice to tweak the online help regarding View Definitions for us solution rookies.

Many thanks for your help,

Jay

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Scott, sorry I meant to mark your answer as correct.  I can't find a way to change it.  Jay

0 Kudos