why won't my survey publish?

02-23-2018 04:47 AM
ClareBissell
New Contributor

I created a simple survey on the website (not on the excel app) and published it. I then noticed some bits I wanted to change so I changed them. Now the new version will not publish and says: "unable to publish" and "errors when parse form". What should I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Clare,

Can you provide more details- possibly the outline of the form you authored and which browser you used?  We need to try to duplicate the issue you are having.

0 Kudos
ClareBissell
New Contributor

Hello James,

I managed to resolve it by playing around for a few hours! I still don't

know what that error message means but i took the following actions, so

presumably one of these sorted the issue: 1. added a new thumbnail image

to the survey 2. deleted one of the photo questions 3. shorted some of

the multiple choice answers. It would be helpful if error messages gave

more information about why it wasn't working and gave directions to fix

the problem.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Clare

0 Kudos
JamesGraham
New Contributor III

I found this thread because I was experiencing the same issue as Clare.  After some fiddling around, I believe I have figured out what the issue is.  When using a Single Choice control on a field, the label/description of the choices cannot be too long. 

For example:

1. I add a single choice control to my survey (using the Web designer).
  2. One of my choices was - Commercial Delivery Truck (Fedex, UPS, etc)
  3. After adding the remaining choices and pressing the Save button, the following error shows:  "Error when parse form".
  4. When pressing the details dropdown, it reveals the name of your question > Choices[11]:  
  5. I deduced that the 10th or 11th option down was my really long choice (see #2) above. 
  6. After shortening it to Commercial Delivery Truck, saving the form was successful with no errors.

Hope this helps someone out there,

James

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All, 

This bug is identified as BUG-000125687 in Support Services and has been fixed on the Survey123 website now. Please try again to see if the workflow works.

Thanks again for your feedback Clare BissellJames Graham‌!

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos