install both 10.2 and 100.2 sdk

02-21-2018 11:48 AM
ArthurWu
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm currently developing with the SDK, which is in 100.x.x version and I installed it with cocoapods. However, I also need the function "AGSIdentifytask" which is only provided in 10.x.x version.(Cuz I couldn't find it on the user guide)

Is there a way to install both of them at the same time?

I have tried specifying both versions in the podfile, however, it wouldnt let me do so.

And I also tried install 10.2.4 manually with the sdk online, and 100.x.x with cocoapods, but still no luck, since they use the same framework name, when I import it in my codes, it only recognize the one from cocoapods.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkDostal
Esri Contributor

Thank your for your question!  All of the Identify operations have been moved to the AGSGeoView class in the 100.x release.  There are several different variations of Identify method, so choose the one that works best for you.  If those don't meet your needs, can you be more specific as to what the AGSIdentifyTask did that you can't do in 100.x?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Arthur,

The `Identify` functionality is available in 100.x version as well. It is not a separate task like 10.2.x version. There are bunch of `Identify` methods on AGSGeoView to perform on either GraphicsOverlay or Layer.

The identify sample is also available here

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nimesh

0 Kudos
ArthurWu
New Contributor

Thanks for replying.

So the function I'm looking is to initialize identify task with URL. However it seems not to be appeared in the API reference. But I do managed to do so by setting up a urlsession, and handle the result manually.

Another question,

I'm using data from tile packages. But im not sure how to retrieve legend data from the package. Is there an example?

0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Arthur,

We are trying to say is that you don't need Identify Task in 100.2 SDK. The functionality is inbuilt in the AGSGeoView/AGSMapView. You just add the layer to the map and then use `identify` method foe layer/layers you are interested in. Did you look at the sample in the link I provided?

Please create another question for the new issue. 

Regards,

Nimesh

0 Kudos