AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dynamic map service not refreshing if using .sd

Question asked by DCSlatunn on Feb 20, 2018

I have published a dynamic map service built upon a service definition (.sd) file.  I consume the map service in our internal intranet website using REST. Everything works properly until the user edits an attribute using the website.  The user will change an attribute and save, and everything saves properly, but the map coloring does not change.  If I open the mxd, the color is displayed properly, but the image appears to be cached on the website.  If I re-build the map service so that it uses the .mxd (just use "Share As" and then choose to publish the service) then it seems as if the colors change properly.  However, I would like to use a .sd if possible.  We just upgraded from 10.0 to 10.5.  With 10.0 we could point to an .msd and everything would work properly.  Is there a setting that I am missing?

In reading this document about publishing, it seems that the data should change as long as it is registered in the data store: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.3/publish-services/linux/about-service-definition-files.htm.  In the data store I have registered the geodatabase, but not the specific tables within the geodatabase.  It should still work, right?

Outcomes