AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where to start?

Question asked by CaveSpringAssoc on Feb 19, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2019 by CaveSpringAssoc

Hello All,

New to GIS here but not software development.  I have read through the forums and seen variations of this question asked but no one answered with what I was trying to find out so here it is.  (Thanks in advance for any answers.)

I am getting batshit lost on the myriad of interlinking websites, logins, and other whoknowswhats.

I am a single user with ArcGIS Pro advanced 2.1 

I have found a few pdf driven (really well explained and illustrated) instructionals that I have been working through to start under what I think is intro-GIS stuff. 

I have also found and bookmarked 3 other "Starting point sites" on this website, or collection thereof.

They all appear to be beginner but surely they are spread over three or for different website/pages on the same company?

So, what I wanting to ask is this.

For Newbies what is the process - order - ???  to start with the material here?   Surely there is some kind of structure with this massive of software?

Secondly, as of typing this on February 19th, 2018 I cannot find any third party courses-books-videos that cover ArcGIS Pro 2.1 or similar.  I have scoured Lynda (which has the closets so far with Essentials), Safari, CBT, Packt, Udemy, etc.  Is there a single tome/course guided reference out there that is current? 

I like learning the basics and fundamentals thoroughly and at this point I think I am scattered and missing alot.

I would like to add, that I have done just a few walk through baby projects and I have not been as excited about anything since my first car 30 years ago as I am about what I see as the potential applications in my work for this software.

Thanks again in advance for any answers.

CaveSpring

Outcomes