Photos drop when form submitted

02-18-2018 04:47 PM
AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All,

One of our field staff has made me aware of an issues with Survery123.

• When the user is capturing a survey with attached photo and the form is submitted it drops the photo from the form.
  • general question, can you continue capturing a form if you are not logged in and why doesnt S123 persist with your login?

Also as an aside, it would be good that once you capture an image in the survey it also saves it to the gallery. It doesnt work for iPad, but it does for an Android device.

Happy to share the S123 xlsform.

Cheers

Andrew

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew

In terms of this missing attachments, does this happens always, or sometimes, and have you been able to replicate. Also what are the conditions the collector working in - i.e 4G, over WiFi when back in the office, etc?

We aware that it is possible to submit a survey and then have a network drop out - and this results in the failed submission of the attachment. We have fixed this issue in 2.7 (to be released).

You can only submit a survey when not logged in if the survey is public, or if the device is offline (in which case the survey is saved to the outbox - ready for submission when you are back online and signed in). We have identified a bug in IOS that signs you out when you lose network - is this what you are seeing?

We will add your request for saving images to the gallery in IOS as an enhancement.

Thanks

John

AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

Hi JHasthorpeesriaustralia-com-au-esridist

Thanks for this information. we are in a part of New Zealand that has variable connectivity for mobiles. What I have told them that it is best wait until they get connectivity before resubmitting. Though if the bug is when they are submitting then I believe that we need to take the photo using the device then add the photo in survey123. 

Yes we are seeing that it logs us out when we lose connectivity. In terms of the survey this is an organisational one only. That is why i find it strange that it drops the user name even though in the created field it holds there username.

Thanks for adding the request to the enhancements  

Many thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos