extracting parcel data- owner,contact info, zone data

02-14-2018 06:54 AM
deleted-user-Jhc6Dca2JfQr
New Contributor III

Hello

I have been asked to find the parcel data in a 500 feet radius from a particular tax map number.

I know there is way and maybe even a lesson on it.

Could you help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Select by Attributes using the within a distance of... option

but you must have file then that has a tax number in it that locates the lot? 

Query for lot that meets the condition first, then select by attribute

You might want to elaborate as to whether things are in different files? or the same file? etc

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

As Dan suggests, the right tools and approach to take depends on the information you need to gather (what kind of parcel data?) and how it's stored in your data tables. Some common tools for problems like this are Select by Attributes, Select by Location, Buffer, and Summarize Within. If you have a few hours to spare for ramping up, there are some tutorials that will help you understand how these tools work together in spatial analysis. The tutorials won't be specific to your problem but they should help you get a sense of the right approach.

In the ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials, try Explore your data and Use geoprocessing tools. In the Analytics case studies, try Proximity to schools and Mixed-use development. Note that the Analytics case studies typically have solutions for ArcGIS Online, ArcMap, and ArcGIS Pro. You want the ArcGIS Pro workflow, I think. Also, the Analytics case studies are less scripted than the Pro quick-start tutorials, so I would suggest trying the Pro tutorials first.

Another good site is Learn ArcGIS. They have several scripted case-study tutorials--some for Pro, some for ArcMap, some for other ArcGIS apps. If you go to their Gallery page and filter by category = spatial analysis and product = ArcGIS Pro, you may find some useful stuff.