INBOX NOT ALLOWING TO RETRIEVE QUESTIONS CONTAINING PICTURE QUESTIONS THAT CAN ONLY BE ADDED AT THAT TIME

02-13-2018 10:04 AM
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working on a form that is completed in three different phases. For this purpose I have created a MASTER form that contains all the information I will be completing. This MASTER form contains several groups (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).

Taking this into account...

• FORM A: Uses the submit URL for the hosted featured service generated with the MASTER form and will be used to populate questions for groups 1 and 2 (groups 3 through 6 are not in the xlsx spreadsheet at this time).
  • FORM B: Similar approach to populate groups 3 and 4 (groups 1 and 2 are also included, but all entries are read-only, and groups 5 and 6 have not been included in the xlsx spreadsheet.)
  • FORM C: Same idea to populate groups 5 and 6 (groups 1 though 4 are included as read-only)

Everything works fine, but group 6 contains questions that require the user to take pictures. I'm aware that downloading attachments through the inbox is not allowed, but in this case I won't be performing any actions in this regard until I land in FORM C. In my scenario I see the group with the questions to add the pictures, but the entries are grayed out, thus not allowed.

Shouldn't there be a check for this in the inbox task?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Javier,

Currently, Survey123 doesn't allow adding attachments as part of the editing process to the main form.  There is limited support it within repeats.

JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks James.

I’ll give it a try using a repeat. Do I need to configure it to not allow updates?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos