Dot Density in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-13-2018 10:54 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone,

So, I've been hoping that ESRI would integrate a dot density symbology option into ArcGIS Pro, and there have been some topics on dot density for both Pro and AGOL for awhile.  

I had been of the mind that this didn't exist yet because it is not showing up as an option under symbology in ArcGIS Pro.  Then I saw this webpage on esri.com and wondered if I was missing something?

Dot density—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Any idea if this is possible or not?  I don't see the symbology option when I follow the directions at this link.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

I saw the update email for Pro 2.1, and the email pointed to this link--which didn't mention dot density symbology:

What’s in the January 2018 ArcGIS Release | ArcGIS Blog 

It definitely shows up on the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.1 link you posted though!

It would be amazing if it really is part of the 2.1 update!  (downloading...).   Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Confirmed!  I downloaded the latest update and Dot Density is now a symbology type!!

This made my day!!  Thanks for listening ESRI!  

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

To anyone who has already installed 2.1 and is still confused and not seeing this option, just as a quick heads up:

Per Symbolize feature layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop ,

"Only available for polygon features."

In case anyone is trying to symbolize points, it's meant for polygons. I know the name can be a bit confusing.

Give us a call if you have any further issues!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos