ArcGIS Pro 2.0 | How to convert label to annotatio for selected features only?

02-08-2018 06:42 AM
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

In ArcGIS Pro 2.0, I am trying to convert automatic labels to annotation, but only for selected features, as shown below:

However I cannot find an option 'for selected features' ! It is possible? Just like in ArcMap previously...

If I go ahead, it converts all labels to annotations.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Vincent,

At Pro 2.0 we do not have a way to convert labels to annotation for selected features only.  We are working on a workflow for this for a future release as we know the functionality is needed.

thanks

Wendy

VincentLaunstorfer

Hi,

I am now on ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0 and I am still looking for converting selected labels to annotations.

I thought I could in Pro 2.2 but not quite. With a right-click on the labeled layer, in Selection there is an Annotate Selected Features but it is not possible to convert to Annotation in Annotation Feature Class...unless I missed something!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Vincent - so this is a strange workflow in the sense a feature-linked annotation feature class has to already exist in order for this command to be active.  What I did was label a point feature class, convert labels to feature linked annotation, add it to the map, select a feature not labeled or with annotation for it, then right click on the layer in the map view and select Annotation Selected Features.  This seems to be workflow to add new annotation to your existing annotation FC when the original label was marked unplaced.

VincentLaunstorfer

Correct. It looked like a tool to Annotate the selected feature into an already existing Annotation Feature Class, like an append...

This command is not quite I was looking for. What I need on a regular basis is convert selected feature labels to a new Annotation Feature Class.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There's an ArcGIS Idea somewhat similar to what you're wanting to do - https://community.esri.com/ideas/15058-convert-labels-to-annotation-functionality-similar-to-arcmap 

If it's not exactly what you want to do, then I recommend contributing a new ArcGIS Idea for this AGP functionality.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Vincent - also not possible in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.1 - just tested the workflow.